Thursday, January 27, 2011

Soul Searching...

Good Morning Everyone!

Let me start by saying Happy New Year, being that this is my first blog posting since the new year.  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and you've recovered from all the decorations and food and.... blah, blah, blah.... :~)  I can truly say this has been an eventful 2011 thus far.  I started the New Year off by trashing my 7'ft tall Christmas tree with half of the decorations still on it. {WHY??} I know you all are reading this and wondering why. LOL... It's simple, that is THE same exact Christmas tree that I got when I first got married.  I remember how excited I was that year.  I searched high and low to find the perfect ornament to represent our 1st Christmas.
Year after year, from 1999 until 2004 (the last time I put a tree up while married.  I hung this ornament on that tree.  Christmas 2006 was my first year to put a tree as a divorced woman and for the first time... that ornament remained in it's box along with all the other ornaments I'd collected.  This past year, I decorated with new colors, but... it was still {THAT} tree.  You know how when you were little, you sit and dream what you want your life to be like.  Well let me tell you... at 35 this is NOT how I had it planned, but I am thankful to be here and thankful for the friends I have. 

Until now, I've stayed away from blogging because I never want to come here to my {Happy Place} and not be happy.  Turning 35 really SUCKED buttons, and it took me a while to be at peace with it. Not like I have to be placed out in the pasture. LOL  There is still some good life left in me, but it's up to me to embrace my life and all the challenges.  Seems like since I was little I've always known what I wanted out of life, but at times I was too scared to reach for it.  For once, I've connected with a group and ladies that LOVE crafting as much as I do and they support all my ideas and future endeavors.  You ladies know who you are, so THANK YOU!    Now... it's a New Year and that means lots of new stuff out on the market and new ideas running around in my head fighting to get out.  Having said that... stayed tuned for some exciting things to come!
Happy Crafting...

No comments:

Post a Comment